SPORTolerance project aims to contribute to further human capacity development in sport through development of set of mobilities for sport coaches that will include both educational modules and modules for exchange of good practices in the field of using sport for prevention of radicalization and building tolerance and solidarity. Project will use and further develop in the field of tolerance and solidarity the non-formal educational methodology Education Through Sport /ETS/ that is an illustration of using sport as learning tool and thereby taking steps to stretch sport beyond the activity itself.
Training course in Cyprus
Period: 23 – 26 October 2020 (including travel dates)
#SPORTolerance profile of applicants:
- Sport coaches, working with youth people with disadvantage background or at risk of radicalization in Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria and Cyprus (2 sport coaches per country);
- Motivated to learn new methods to promote tolerance and solidarity through sport;
- Able to communicate in English.
- Application form: https://forms.gle/DZ8X2REwgQUS2TuVA
- Deadline for applications: 10/09/2020
- Selection results: 20/09/2020
- Training course expenses regarding travel, accommodation (DBL rooms), meals and working materials are covered in the framework of #SPORTolerance project;
- Personal expenses are not covered;
- During the mobility will be strictly followed all COVID-19 state requirements in the hosting country.
Day 1 – 23/10/2020 – Arrival day
Arrival of participants. Get to know each other
Day 2 – 24/10/2020 – Educational group activities – Non-formal educational activities as follows:
– Morning session: Radicalization of youth in local communities – factors, identification, prevention;
– Afternoon session: Sport as a tool for promotion of EU values and in particular as promoter of tolerance and solidarity? Challenges for sport coaches on local and international level to use sport as educational and prevention tool – possible solutions.
Day 3 – 25/10/2020 – New tools and methods that sport coaches can use in their daily practice, as follows:
– Morning session: Education through sport methodology concept and testing of activities;
– Afternoon session: Development of new activities, based on ETS model with accent on promoting tolerance and solidarity.
Day 4 – 26/10/2020 – Departures