Coordinator – Bulgaria – Bulgarian sports development association
Bulgarian Sports Development Association was founded in 2010 and is a NGO devoted to the development of sport and improving sporting culture.
Main priorities of BSDA:
|* Reviving sport culture;||* Volunteering in sport;|
|* Education through and in sport;||* Good governance in sport;|
|* Integration through sport;||* Skills of the future and entrepreneurship.|
As sport is about ambition, emotion and inspiration initiated by the people for the people, the sector should be based on the personal convictions of decision-makers for integrity, dedication and fairness as well as on the principles of “fair play”, team-work, discipline, equal start and non-discrimination. Sport is also a excellent way to prevent many of the problems within our society such as social exclusion, violence, crime and addictions.
Full information: http://www.bulsport.bg
Partner 1: Bulgaria, Darko Athletics team
Darko Athletics Team is a sport club, who has wide range of activities – organizing training groups for kids and adults, trainings camps, competitions for the different aged kids. The club was founded in 2008, when started the activities with kids. In the beginning the members of the club were only 10. Now the club have more than 200 members (including kids and adults) based in four different training bases in Sofia, including the National Stadium “Vasil Levski”. Darko team is educating kids on the basics of the track and field with have professional athletes and working also with adults and kids with special needs. Darko team is amongst the leading clubs in the capital of Bulgaria, which is visible from the growing interest.
Darko Athletics Team has excellent experience with the organization of sport events for kids, aged between 5-15, and adults. They are also carrying out projects, seminars, meetings, workshops and practical activities on our working topics at local, national and international level. As a “youth and sports club” organization the club is also active in the sports arena as well as in the youth field. Darko Team is participating in local amateur leagues with a team of youngsters in athletics, also competing with the bigger kids at national championships, relevant for their age.
Full information: http://www.darkoteam.com
Partner 2: Belgium, The Charity Game (TCG asbl)
The Charity Game is a non-profit organization that was founded in 2017 and it is based in Brussels, Belgium. The chairman, Guy Muya who is a former captain of the Belgian Basketball National Team, has been collaborating with foundations and non-governmental organizations such as “Action Damien” in Belgium and “PJB Goma” in Congo for many years, and decided to carry on further activities in helping the most vulnerable population. The organization’s main aim is to promote social inclusion through a non-exhaustive list of drivers like sport, education and culture. The experience is also combined by personal conviction that sport is the best integrational instrument as the organization chairman himself has been integrated in Belgium through the power of sport after coming from Congo at young age. To reach objectives, we use our network and develop activities and partnerships to support national and international organizations in meeting their goals of serving the most vulnerable population within Belgium and throughout the world. We believe sport is the most efficient way to overcome differences, break barriers of language, race, age, religion, gender, culture or disability. We aim to implement values of sport to empower youth to become tomorrow’s role models.
Full information: www.thecharitygame.be
Partner 3: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnian Representative Association for Valuable Opportunities (BRAVO)
Bosnian Representative Association for Valuable Opportunities (BRAVO) is Bosnian NGO that in all its activities follows the main principles of tolerance, democracy, diversity, voluntariness and openness. BRAVO with local communities and partners to implement variety of activities during the year, celebrates traditional dates, but also educates young people and does monitoring. Youth and volunteers are the biggest power of BRAVO and they are the most valuable part of it. They are involved not only in the structure of BRAVO but also are main holders of all activities, persons who take responsibility and take actions.
Main fields/topics: Human Rights, Anti-Trafficking, Reproductive health and STD-s, Sport on daily bases, Audio and Video production, Youth events, Humanitarian actions, National and International projects, Support in fight against Criminal and Corruption, Publishing books, brochures and other publications.
Our main target group is young people (age 13 to 30), but we care for all people who need help and our support. Focus of our organization is on international projects, include sport in our organization, and work on creative actions such as photography, graphics, dance and music through which we promote human rights, fight against hate speech and taking care about European values and principles.
Our vision is: To inspire, encourage, facilitate and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies, with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering, and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.
Full information: https://bravo-bih.com/
Partner 4: Cyprus, Social Policy and Action Organization
The Social Policy and Action Organization, is a not-for-profit organization established in Cyprus in August 2014. The main goal of the Organization is to work towards the enhancement of quality of life of citizens targeting mostly vulnerable groups, including young people, covering all social policy related areas. The Organization actively supports and promotes core principles of quality of life, thus being Human Well Being, Health, Employment/Financial Independence, Family Status, Socialization and Social Protection. The Board of the Organization in total 6 professionals work permanently on the activities and approximately 200 volunteers offer their services on different activities.
The Organization operates ongoing programmes, with projects and activities targeting different groups with fewer opportunities. These programmes are the following:
1. S.P.A.O. Sports: The Programme S.P.A.O. Sports has been established recently due to the need identified to design and implement projects aiming at promoting the social dimension of sports, including issues for social inclusion, gender mainstreaming, equality promotion and others.
2. CarePackagesCY: a social welfare programme operated to offer practical support to families with fewer opportunities and most deprived in Cyprus, by distributing food, cloths and offering free social services. Under this programme, two major music concerts were organized in June and September 2014, and the net proceeds were used to buy and distribute food to families in need.
3. Chance2Learning: an educational programme providing opportunities to young people to participate in training seminars, workshops and other events in Cyprus and abroad.
4. YouthSocialAct: an empowerment programme providing opportunities to young people to design, implement and coordinate their own social oriented project and activities, promoting human rights, gender equality, combat of violence, discrimination and others. At the same time, the organization arranges team-building workshops for youngstersm, on a regular basis, aiming on empowerment, increase of self-esteem and social inclusion.
5. KidSocialAct: an empowerment programme, promoting youth voluntarism from 5 years old (until 15 years old) and at the same time empowerment and supporting children, through interactive workshops and activities. Through this programme the children are provided the opportunity to express views and ideas for their own programmes and with the assistance of adult volunteers to design and implement projects. Children’s first project entitled “Toys with Love” was implemented during the period December 2017-October 2018. The aim of the project was the implementation of a national christmas campaign to collect toys and distributed them as christmas gifts with cards to children coming from families with fewer opportunities.
Full information: http://www.socialpolicyaction.org